We are happy to announce that Version 3.0 of BlackPearl has been released! It is now shipping on new BlackPearl hardware, and it is available to existing BlackPearl customers. Existing BlackPearl customers should work with Spectra Logic Support to ensure that the upgrade goes smoothly.
We explained the main new features of BlackPearl in two recent blog posts:
- BlackPearl 3.0 New Features Part 1: ArcticBlue and Advanced Bucket Management
- BlackPearl 3.0 New Features Part 2: Access Control Lists
To assist developers with building BlackPearl 3.0 clients, we have released the following new tools and resources:
- 3.0 Simulator -- simulates a working BlackPearl for easy development
- 3.0 API Reference -- review the operations supported by BlackPearl’s API
- 3.0 Java SDK -- Use the new SDK to take advantage of all the new BlackPearl features
- 3.0 Java SDK Javadocs -- Learn about all the SDK classes, methods, properties, and events
Over the coming weeks we will be releasing 3.0 versions of our SDKs in our remaining languages -- .NET/C#, C, and Python. Note that all of the existing 1.x SDKs work fine with BlackPearl 3.0, they just don’t yet have access to the new 3.0 features.
We will be releasing more resources and information over time to help you more easily build BlackPearl 3.0 clients.